Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing #9 - Online Image Generator


Here is a new sign to hang on the door on those testing days! This was made with SignGenerator. This site may be only good for teacher use because there were some questionable pictures and will be blocked by school filters.




I got started and couldn't quit! I think the students would have tons of fun creating things with image generators and I would definitely approach it with the let them play first approach. They have to since there is too much out there! Since I teach 6th graders definite guidelines would have to be set for using these image generators appropriately as well. I can see them using generators to create posters to advertise events (PTA, PlayDay, etc) or as I created a motivational poster for TAKS. They would definitely use generators to add humor to their writing. I am sure as I keep playing I will come up with more ideas for student usage. The motivational poster I created I plan on using for the dance studio I also work at. It will also make for easier scrapbooking that I haven't worked on for the past 4 years.

The image generator I used was ImageChef it was very easy to use. http://www.imagechef.com/




3 comments:

Sunnigal said...

Oh, I know what you mean!! I wanted to try everything Flickr had to offer...I had so much fun playing that I had to force myself to do my application piece.

GreenEyedGal said...

This is a great site but you would have to do everything from home, MISD blocks it so I am a bit disappointed that I am learning all these cool things but i can't access them at school. :(

Nice Guy said...

Schools block too many decent sites GreenEyes.

5,000 more image generators @ www.ImageGenerator.org.