Friday, July 11, 2008

Thing #18 - Explore social networking

I was planning in setting up accounts to both MySpace and Facebook even before this course. It was purely selfish motives! My daughter will be leaving for college in a couple of weeks and I thought this would be an easy way to stay in touch with her and her friends as they move on in life. This was importatant to me because this is one of the first things she checks on the computer. As a teacher we need to know about these sites because it is probably the first thing our students do as well when they get home. I haven't learned anything new about these sites and I probably will learn more as I continue to participate in them. The only difference I have seen so far is MySpace has all of the splash and glitter and Facebook is more "business". School applications??? - I haven't seen any so far.
Here is by MySpace. I am working on Facebook but have run into some glitches when trying to confirm my account. I haven't given up yet! Got my Facebook page working! Persistence!

No comments: