Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing #11 - Finding Good Feeds

First - definitely overwhelming!!! There was way to much information out there. It might have been easier if there was something specific I was looking for but at this time I don't have anything specific to look for. I am just exploring. Secondly - definitely an ongoing process. There is a lot of learning in the best way to search. Syndic8 and Google Blog search were the easiest right away for me. Technorati came with time and practice. Feedster never loaded. Topix was just there for me.

I was stuck on what to look for so I read fellow Thingsters blogs and got some ideas. I went and found a word of the day feed that I want to use in class. As I said this is ongoing - some I checked into for personal use were outdated and no longer current. I have bookmarked the search tools so when I have something specific to look for I am ready to go. I think what might work best for me in the long run and with limited time is what one of my fellow learners is doing (I wish I could remember who you are) they are checking for additional feeds on the websites they currently view.

No comments: