Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing #16 - Getting Organized with Web 2.0 Tools

I had already created a start page with iGoogle in Thing # 13 so I checked out PageFlakes and Netvibes just to see if anything was better. I am keeping my iGoogle start page! I love what I set up, I feel it have more choices and options than anything else and it is very easy to integrate other things I am using from Learning 2.0. It excites me and it is my permanent homepage.

I had also created a Google calendar and I will continue to use it for personal use, school, and dance. I tried Ta-Da List but there was an error so I tried Remember the Milk. It has a couple of things I like for example if I have something I think of that I need to do I can put it on the list and email a reminder to my home email or school email. It only works though with people who have a Remember the Milk account. I also like that I was able to set up for reminder to be sent to my cell phone as well. I am not too sure about this one and I plan on going back and checking out Ta-Da list to see if that one I like better. So I am still investigating.

I was checking into the sticky note options and I am still not sure on that either. In my opinion and the way I would use it would almost be the same as a to do list. I am contemplating checking out the sticky notes you download but I am just not sure yet.

Of course there are tons of personal uses that would help me keep my life organized. I am always looking for the simplest way to do that. Google calendar will be a big help. I am still going to work on getting it to sync with my phone. There were several tools on the list for students and educators that will need a much more in depth look and I would rather check those out at school so I can see what will be blocked by the filters. Several of us have mentioned concerns over how Google is blocked through the district filters. Will the policy of blocking Google be reconsidered by the district? Maybe so if more and more teacher take this course and learn the infinite possibilities of uses for our classrooms.

No comments: